Finding the time for self development can be challenging...
I personally didn’t realise how much time I was missing out on. It used to be a constant battle with trying to manage workloads, writing patient notes, booking patients in, organising future events, replying to emails, the list goes on... and at the end of it I hadn’t even started to look at my CPD, read that blog or listen to that podcast.
That was until...
I set a-side 10 minutes per day to improve myself (or a total of 60 minutes per week, yes I was allowed one day off!).
So below is my list of activities that you could select from in your 10 minutes of self-development time, so that you can start to make a habit of becoming a more successful Practitioner.
Here we go...
1. Read a Journal article
2. Highlight key points in a Journal article
3. Interact with Practitioners on social media
4. Ask other practitioners how they would have treated a patient from your clinic (obviously maintaining confidentiality)
5. Discuss a case study with your team
6. Plan your next three social media posts
7. Write a plan for your next blog
8. Seek out high quality YouTube videos that can inform your practice
9. Listen to 10 minutes of a podcast
10. Check your patient notes are up to date
11. Check your finances are up to date
12. Research a new product you are thinking of buying
13. Give your mentor a call
14. Read an expert opinion blog
15. Write in your planner
16. Organise your emails
17. Set yourself clear goals for the rest of the week/month
19. Make a small change to your website
19. Revise musculoskeletal anatomy of one joint
20. Plan your upcoming CPD
21. Review your business plan
"I personally didn’t realise how much time I was missing out on."
What to do now?
Let me know what you are doing in your 10 minutes by tagging me on your social post using @kristianweaver_
Join over 300 Sports Therapy Community subscribers...