Ep.11 Are you missing out if you're not using BFR? - Dr Warren Bradley
In this episode I speak with Dr Warren Bradley about the benefits of blood flow restriction training and his new clothing brand, Hytro.
If you want to Become An Unstoppable Sports Therapist then visit:
To find out more about Dr Warren Bradley and Hytro:
Instagram: @Hytro_ and @Warren_Hytro
- Scott BR, Loenneke JP, Slattery KM, Dascombe BJ. Blood flow restricted exercise for athletes: A review of available evidence. J Sci Med Sport. 2016;19(5):360-367.
- Cook CJ, Kilduff LP, Beaven CM. Improving strength and power in trained athletes with 3 weeks of occlusion training. Int J Sports Physiol Perform 9: 166–172, 2014.
- Luebbers PE, Fry AC, Kriley LM, Butler MS. The effects of a 7-week practical blood flow restriction program on well- trained collegiate athletes. J Strength Cond Res 28: 2270–2280, 2014.
- Yamanaka T, Farley RS, Caputo JL. Occlusion training increases muscular strength in division IA football players. J Strength Cond Res 26: 2523–2529, 2012.
- Libardi CA, Chacon-Mikahil MP, Cavaglieri CR, Tricoli V, Roschel H, Vechin FC, Conceicao MS, Ugrinowitsch C. Effect of concurrent training with blood flow restriction in the elderly. Int J Sports Med. 2015;36:395.
- Vechin FC, Libardi CA, Conceicao MS, Damas FR, Lixandrao ME, Berton RP, Tricoli VA, Roschel HA, Cavaglieri CR, Chacon-Mikahil MP, Ugrinowitsch C. Comparisons between low-intensity resistance training with blood flow restriction and high-intensity resistance training on quadriceps muscle mass and strength in elderly. J Strength Cond Res. 2015;29:1071–6.
- Lixandrao ME, Ugrinowitsch C, Laurentino G, Libardi CA, Aihara AY, Cardoso FN, Tricoli V, Roschel H. Effects of exercise intensity and occlusion pressure after 12 weeks of resistance training with blood-flow restriction. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2015;115:2471–80.
- Segal N, Davis MD, Mikesky AE. Efficacy of blood flow-restricted low-load resistance training for quadriceps strengthening in men at risk of symptomatic knee osteoarthritis. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil. 2015;6:160–7.
- Segal NA, Williams GN, Davis MC, Wallace RB, Mikesky AE. Efficacy of blood flow-restricted, low-load resistance training in women with risk factors for symptomatic knee osteoarthritis. PM R. 2015;7:376–84.
- Bryk FF, Dos Reis AC, Fingerhut D, Araujo T, Schutzer M, Cury Rde P, Duarte A Jr, Fukuda TY. Exercises with partial vascular occlusion in patients with knee osteoarthritis: a randomized clinical trial. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2016;24:1580–6.
- Giles L, Webster KE, McClelland J, Cook JL. Quadriceps strengthening with and without blood flow restriction in the treatment of patellofemoral pain: a double-blind randomised trial. Br J Sports Med. 2017;0:1–8.
- Tennent DJ, Hylden CM, Johnson AE, Burns TC, Wilken JM, Owens JG. Blood flow restriction training after knee arthroscopy: a randomized controlled pilot study. Clin J Sport Med. 2017;27:245–52.
- Takarada Y, Takazawa H, Ishii N. Applications of vascular occlusion diminish disuse atrophy of knee extensor muscles. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000;32:2035–9.